1.24.2009

Little Man Holt











These photos were taken during my most recent shoot with my son, Holt. It's been six exciting months, and he has quickly become my favorite thing to shoot. Fitting then I suppose that he is the topic of my first post in this, my photo blog. I have been shooting as an amateur for over ten years now, and have come to realize that photography is not an interest or hobby, although it can be fun and rewarding. Photography is an art form, not just in the capture itself, but in the way it is captured, in what is captured, and in the way it is shown. As many people find out, when taking a picture, what you see is not always what you get. In fact, what you see, rarely shows up the way you expect. This is the essence of my passion for photography, to shoot what I see, not just the way I see it, but the way I feel it. To capture more than just a moment in time, to create one.

No comments:

Post a Comment